A large portion of our funding is provided by the City of Philadelphia Office of Supportive Housing. Families Forward Philadelphia is also a federal contractor with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
We also need the following in-kind gifts on an ongoing basis:
- Personal care items: When families arrive at our emergency shelter, they are focused on obtaining food and safety . So they often do not bring personal care items, which are vital in their everyday lives. With your help, we can provide each family with a welcome package of personal care items.
- Small household items – When families transition from emergency shelter into our Community Housing Program, they often need small household items and furniture to help make it feel like home.
Throughout the year, we have many opportunities to give back. Whether you’d like to give hope to a family for the holidays or provide back-to-school essentials to needy student, there is always a place for you:
- Annual Spring Event (March-April) – This event celebrates new beginnings in spring and provides opportunities for children and parents to have fun. Donations and volunteers are needed to coordinate face painting, egg hunts and games.
- Summer Camp Appeal (May-June) – During this appeal, we raise funds to introduce 100 children to new and exciting experiences, like trips to the local museums and historic sites. Kids also enjoy outdoor and educational activities promoting academic progress. Donation items are needed such as bathing suits, towels, water shoes, sun tan lotion, etc. making it possible for our children to enjoy a fun-filled summer.
- Back to School Drive (July-September) – This initiative helps us get supplies to prepare for the new school year, including backpacks, pencils, pens, crayons, books, paper and new school uniforms.
- Halloween (October) – We host an annual Halloween Party for children in our shelter and in our Community Housing Program. Donation items are needed, such as candy, costumes (new and gently used), juice, apples, pumpkins and volunteers to provide Halloween activities.
- Holiday Toy Drive (November-December) – Imagine a holiday without any gifts. Most parents in the shelter don’t have money to buy their kids presents. Our Holiday Toy Drive allows parents to add cheer during this difficult time of year.
Making a difference starts right here. To coordinate a drive to support any of these initiatives or for additional information, contact Grace Hightower, Director of Fund Development at 215-240-4828 or gro.y1477179409llihp1477179409drawr1477179409ofsei1477179409limaf1477179409@rewo1477179409thgih1477179409g1477179409.
Families Forward Philadelphia is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit.
All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.